Amy Magnotta, CFA, Senior Investment Manager, Brinker Capital
On this week’s podcast (recorded September 2), Amy takes the mic to provide an update on the current market environment and how the recent volatility can create opportunity. Highlights include:
- S&P 500 finished month down 6%; international markets in worse shape
- 12% correction from high reached in May
- Still viewing the environment as a correction, not start of a bear market
- Bear markets typically caused by recessions and tend to be preceded by central bank tightening or accelerating inflation—these conditions aren’t being met yet
- U.S. growth still positive
- If Fed begins to tighten in September, the pace will be measured as inflation is still below target
- Looking for opportunities created by market volatility
Click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change.