Chris Hart, Senior Vice President
On this week’s podcast (recorded November 3, 2017), Chris highlights some of the more interesting facts that he has come across in recent days from various sources that support the notion of “don’t fight the tape.”.
- With October complete, the S&P 500 is up more than 15% for the year. According to our research partners at Strategas, this has only happened 17 times since 1950, and usually indicates continued market strength through the end of the year.
- A seasonally strong fourth quarter looks even more attractive and helps further confirm our constructive outlook for risk assets for the remainder of 2017.
- Our partners at Evercore ISI point out that with more than 50% of S&P companies reporting, results have been above analyst expectations.
- What’s more interesting is that the earnings beats have been skewed more positive than normal.
- Our outlook remains constructive supported by strong economic data.
For the rest of Chris’s insight, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.