Leigh Lowman, CFA, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded May 11, 2018), Leigh provides a brief review of April markets.
- Higher market volatility persisted throughout April with risk asset performance mixed
- The S&P 500 Index was up 0.4% for the month and down -0.4% year-to-date
- Developed international equities as measured by the MSCI EAFE Index was up 2.4% in April and is outperforming domestic equities year-to-date
- The Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Index was down -0.7% as fears of inflation and rising interest rates created headwinds for traditional fixed income securities
- Overall we remain positive on risk assets over the intermediate-term as macroeconomic data continues to lean positive
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.