Andrew Goins, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded January 19, 2017), Andrew discusses Donald Trump’s impact on the markets over the last few months and how he’s influenced our outlook going forward. Quick hits:
- After an initial reaction of fear, Trump’s victory quickly brought about a new hope for U.S. economic growth.
- But, as we are all aware, markets move based on expectations, and have history of getting ahead of itself.
- We are confident that higher volatility across markets and interest rates will likely continue as investors cling to Trump’s every word.
- The currencies of India, Mexico, and Russia are all undervalued to the tune of 25-45%.
- Despite all of these uncertainties and higher expected volatility, we believe risk assets will continue to outperform, but the move won’t be linear.
For Andrew’s full insights, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.