Chris Hart, Senior Vice President
On this week’s podcast (recorded February 3, 2017), Chris talks about the recent choppiness of the markets and how most major averages continue to trade near their highs.
- From an equity perspective, markets have been unsteady recently given uncertainty surrounding the new administration’s policy implementation and agenda which have stirred up more volatility.
- We believe there is room to move higher because there are not too many traditional indictors that are flashing red at this point in time.
- Developed markets and emerging markets have posted slight declines recently, but EM rebounded form a weak 4Q and is outperforming developed markets year to date in 2017.
- The aggregate bond index has performed in line with high yield recently, but High yield remains well ahead of the aggregate index year to date.
- Overall, we believe the opportunity ahead for risk assets in 2017 is positive, but we remain mindful of increasing macro and geopolitical uncertainties.
For the rest of Chris’s insight, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.