Andrew Rosenberger, CFA, Senior Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded November 4, 2016), Andy discusses the market’s next likely source of uncertainty – the Fed meeting in December. Quick hits:
- Looking at the probability of a December hike, Fed Fund futures now peg it as a 76% change.
- 3 month LIBOR rates, which are set by the market, have already risen by 25bps since June.
- Wage growth looks to be finally increasing.
- Inflation is now getting back to more normalized levels.
- Whether right or wrong on inflation, we remain short duration in our portfolios and protected if markets do finally believe that inflation is a credible risk.
- Our multi asset class philosophy gives us a number of different tools to defend against the risk of rising rates and inflation.
For Andy’s full insights, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.