Chris Hart, Senior Vice President
On this week’s podcast (recorded March 17, 2017), Chris discusses how the recent Fed rate hike has impacted the markets.
- Markets moved higher across the board which was a reversal from the flat to down trend that was in place for the last few sessions.
- Most institutional investors do not have expectations of recession over the near term.
- The economy continues to strengthen and we believe the case remains to be constructive on risk assets over the intermediate term.
- Rates are still low by historic standards and even with the increase, the road to interest rate normalization will be long.
- We continue to believe that a modest overweight to risk is prudent over the intermediate term, and as a result are not planning material changes to portfolio positioning at this point in time.
For the rest of Chris’s insight, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.