Leigh Lowman, CFA, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded August 10, 2018), Leigh provides a brief review of July markets.
- The third quarter was off to a good start with risk assets positive for July.
- Global trade tensions continued to escalate throughout the month, but geopolitical uncertainty was offset by positive economic growth.
- The S&P 500 Index was up 3.7% for the month with sector performance positive across the board.
- Developed international equities, as measured by the MSCI EAFE Index, was up 2.5% for the month and flat year-to-date.
- The Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Index was flat for the month and down -1.6% year-to-date.
- Overall, we remain positive on risk assets over the intermediate-term.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a registered investment advisor.