Chris Hart, Senior Vice President
On this week’s podcast (recorded April 28, 2017), Chris discusses what has been the driving force behind the rally in April.
- The rally in April, despite a brief pause to begin the month, has been driven by positive macroeconomic data, better S&P earnings, and the potential for corporate tax reform.
- From an equity perspective, stocks have moved higher despite increasing geopolitical risk both domestically and abroad.
- We remain constructive on risk assets given good enough underlying macroeconomic data but also take notice of rising geopolitical tensions and continued lofty valuations across the equity markets.
- Looking abroad, developed markets and emerging markets equities have rebounded solidly and now lead the U.S. thus far in 2017.
- Within fixed income, the aggregate bond index has surprisingly moved higher along with equity markets, while high yield continues to lead.
- We are keeping a watchful eye on rising global geopolitical tensions, but also note good breadth in the domestic equity markets and stronger corporate earnings.
For the rest of Chris’s insight, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.