Andrew Goins, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded March 3, 2017), Andrew provides an update on key asset classes. Quick hits:
- The market had gone 55 trading days without a plus or minus 1% move, which is the 18th longest streak since 1950.
- Within Domestic equity markets, we’ve seen a shift in leadership from energy and financials in the 4th quarter to health care and technology.
- International markets have also participated in the market rally so far in 2017, with the MSCI EAFE Index, a proxy for international developed markets, up 4.80%
- Within Fixed Income, we’ve seen more volatility as the yield on the 10-year treasury has occulated between 2.32% and 2.51%, but interestingly is currently only 2bps higher than where we started at the beginning of the year.
- We are keeping a close eye on many economic indicators and the rhetoric coming out of Washington, as well as the underlying company fundamentals.
For Andrew’s full insights, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.