Leigh Lowman, CFA, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded January 5, 2018), Leigh provides a quick review of the markets over the past year.
- 2017 was quite the year. After a prolonged period of sluggish economic growth, 2017 was marked by synchronized global expansion across all major economies.
- The S&P 500 Index finished the year up 21.8%.
- Developed international equities underperformed domestic equities for the fourth quarter but led for the year.
- Treasuries and government bonds were flat for the quarter as rising 10-year Treasury yields and an additional 25bps Fed rate hike created headwinds for the sectors.
- We remain positive on risk assets over the intermediate-term.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.