Leigh Lowman, CFA, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded June 8, 2018), Leigh provides a brief review of May markets.
- Political risk dominated headlines with uncertainty escalating around the Trump administration trade policy, increasing tensions between the US and its trading partners.
- The S&P 500 was up 2.4% for the month and up 2.0% year to date.
- Developed international equities as measured by the MSCI EAFE Index was down -2.1% in May and is lagging domestic equities year-to-date.
- The Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Index was positive for the month but is down -1.5% year-to-date.
- Overall, we remain constructive on risk assets over the intermediate-term but recognize more normalized volatility will likely continue throughout the year.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.