Leigh Lowman, CFA, Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded March 9, 2018), Leigh provides a brief review of February markets.
- Market volatility came roaring back in February with the VIX index surging to levels last seen in 2015 and washing out signs of complacency that were present earlier in the year.
- The S&P 500 Index finished the month down -3.7% and is up 1.8% year to date.
- Developed international equities underperformed domestic equities for the month.
- Within fixed income all sectors posted negative returns.
- Overall, we continue to remain positive on risk assets over the intermediate-term.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.