Jeff Raupp, CFA, Senior Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded January 26, 2016), Jeff looks at the opportunities created via emotional selling while monitoring the negative factors at work in the economy:
- Leading reasons for weakness in the marketplace continue to be falling oil prices and China’s slowing growth
- Strength of the global economy is creating uncertainty.
- When markets are volatile, it’s important to evaluate where markets may have overreacted and opportunity has been created.
- Emotional trading seems to have generated attractive entry points into the market, but unique to an investor’s risk tolerance and time horizon.
- Positives in the market include tame inflation and accommodative monetary policy; negatives include overtightening by the Federal Reserve.
For Jeff’s full insights, click here to listen to the audio recording
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.