Chris Hart, Core Investment Manager
On this week’s podcast (recorded August 19, 2016), Chris discusses the current market environment, the looming concerns for investors, and what to expect as we near the end of the summer cycle.
Listen to the podcast here, but first, a few quick hits:
- Markets continue to move higher, leading experts to describe it as a “reluctant bull” with investors skeptical of the rally.
- Concerns over oil, China, and the Federal Reserve continue to preoccupy the markets and are still worrisome, but perhaps less so than a few months ago.
- Domestic stocks have risen in six of the last eight weeks thanks in part to more positive corporate results.
- While the economy is late in the business cycle and not calling for an acceleration, the strength of the market is noteworthy.
- As we enter the seasonally weak late summer period in the markets, uncertainty remains especially with the upcoming election.
- Overall, we remain constructive on risk assets but cautious in our outlook and we maintain our focus on finding select opportunities to take advantage of.
For Chris’s full insight, click here to listen to the audio recording.
The views expressed are those of Brinker Capital and are not intended as investment advice or recommendation. For informational purposes only. Holdings are subject to change. Brinker Capital, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor.